Seasons are the most beautiful markers of time. A chance to reflect on the chapter that was and prepare ourselves for the chapter ahead.
This coming Monday falls on the autumn equinox. A cosmic phenomenon that occurs only twice a year, where the sun is aligned directly above the equator, causing both day and night to be of equal measure. It also marks the earth’s official transition from summer to autumn! No matter what season you prefer, we think this is cause for celebration!
It’s also the ideal time to update your skincare routine in advance of environmental changes and cooler weather. Fail to plan, plan to fail, as they say. If we work with Mother Nature, she’ll only ever do us right!
With all this in mind, we’re sharing the top 5 things you can do to ensure your skin thrives this autumn, so you can get out and enjoy the elements and all the beauty it affords.
- Repair from sunnier days – The first step should be to assess what post-summer state your skin is in. We’d advocate for a professional consult in clinic and a facial to help re-set and address any skin hangovers from summer, like sunspots or pigmentation.
- Gentle cleansing is crucial – Come autumn, change to a more gentle cleanser. One that will cleanse skin without stripping it of its natural oils while also providing some much-needed hydration.
- Hydration – Lightweight or gel moisturisers known to our summer regime don’t quite cut it for autumn. The aim should be to ease your skin into the season rather than jumping to extremes via heavy-duty creams. Instead, add more moisture with a serum, particularly one like our Super Serum, which is enriched with antioxidants and moisture enhancers to help reverse the effects of environmental damage.
- Add an eye cream – If eye cream wasn’t on your radar in summer, autumn is the perfect time to add this to your routine as the delicate eye area is the first to suffer the effects of seasonal change.
- Sunscreen – Seriously, is there a blog where we don’t mention SPF? Probably not, and we’re ok with it. Why? Because it is that important. All-day, every day – 365. You’ll thank us later.
Here’s to a sensational autumn, and here’s to healthy, happy, nurtured skin. x