Joyce Blok is a familiar name in our capital city, and that’s due in part, to the fabulous work of Joanne Watson and Linley Ramsay, the duo behind beauty therapy and day spa Urban Sanctuary. The dreamy spa catering to the wellbeing needs of Wellingtonians for the past thirty years.
The pair are all about professionalism and warmth and see their space as a time-out for anyone wanting to escape their everyday to relax and rejuvenate. "Our holistic focus towards our clients wellbeing delivered with our hearts, our heads and our hands, combined with our commitment to using only the most pure and natural products available, is what we believe has sustained the continued success and growth of our business".
We sat down with Joanne and Linely to learn what they love most about working in the beauty industry, what self-care means to them and what their favourite JB products are.
What do you love most about working in your industry?
- Joanne: The aroma of the divine skincare products we use at Urban Sanctuary followed by making my clients feel amazing with my time, energy and touch.
- Linley: I have the opportunity every day to make people feel nurtured and great about themselves.
What does self care mean to you?
- Joanne: Taking time out for my favourite day; A walk, a full body massage followed by a home care facial, leaving the Joyce Blok vitamin cream mask on while having a glass of French champagne (or two!).
- Linley: Taking time to listen to my inner being. Time spent by the ocean does it for me. Better still, if I can swim in the ocean - or, a restorative yoga session and a soothing soak in an aromatic hot bath also heightens my awareness of self care and nurturing.
Favourite Joyce Blok product?
- Most definitely the Super Serum. It’s so hydrating. It gives immediate results and comfort to the skin and is so versatile as it can be used on your skin, around the eyes and the décolletage love, love, love!
- Linley: The BB Cream is definitely my JB hero product. Evens out skin tone, light-diffusing glow, sun protection, with antioxidants, what more could you want in a daily protection product?
Can you share a quote that resonates with you?
- Joanne: “You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life” - Coco Chanel.
- Linely: “You know you’ve got it, if it makes you feel good” - Janice Joplin.
What’s the most special quality about Wellington?
- Joanne: You just can’t beat Wellington on a good day.
- Linley: Windswept and Irresistible. (Just how I like my men too!)
If you’re ever in the windy city, be sure to pop in to Urban Sanctuary, if we know one thing for sure, it’s that you’ll be given the warmest welcome.